Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Foot Surgery-April 2011

Typical conversation that I have with random people lately:

"What happened to your foot?"
"I had surgery."
"What was wrong with it?"
"I broke it."
"How did you break it?"
"I don't know. Apparently it was broken for a year or two before I noticed it."
"It must have just been a hairline fracture."
"Nope. I shattered my first tarsometatarsal joint."
"And you don't know how you broke it??"
"No. It just started hurting one day."
"WOW! You must have a high pain tolerance."
"Not according to my parents. They say I'm the biggest baby they know."


This is my zombie foot (post-cast foot). The nasty red spot on top is where the wire came out of my foot. It sure was fun getting that out...not! It was like the sword and the stone. The doctor had to twist and turn it while using all of his strength to pull it out. OUCH!



Jessica Gunn wrote this on my foot. Everyone on BYU campus now knows that I had a stinky foot. Thanks Jess. :)





Kristin Gulledge was nice enough to draw this on my cast for me. I think it turned out great!





This is my X-ray a few days after surgery. I have a plate and six screws that will stay in my for the rest of my life. That big wire with the hook at the top came out with my cast. It went through my foot and out the top.







3 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness Jess. Are you like surgery prone or something? :) Hope it's feeling better though!

Anonymous said...

Nasty Jess! :-) Your conversation with random people sounds exactly what I would say to you. Haha

The Bowes said...

oh Jess! So sorry about your foot........zombie foot :) that made me smile at the grossness of it :)