Friday, October 10, 2008

Best Assignment Ever!

So, I am taking a film class right now (go figure, that's my major). One of our most recent assignments was to take pictures of ordinary every-day objects that we may not always notice. Here are a few of the pictures that I took. Enjoy!


This is a picture of a girl with a little Mohawk on the top of her head. I took this at Brad's football game. I found her hairstyle to be most interesting!








This picture was taken in my dad's office. That gold stuff that you see there is actually a long, long chain. It's made up of those chains you use to hang stuff around your neck when you're at a conference or something. I don't know why, but my dad collects them and keeps them in his desk drawer. I thought it would be a cool picture.







This is the inside of my roommate's mouth. How often do you really look under someones tongue? I thought it looked cool. If you look closely, you can see that she has a little ridge between the bottom of her mouth and her tongue. I've never noticed that on a tongue before. An ordinary thing that most people don't notice.


So, I was driving home one day and I saw this van as I drove past. I turned around to go take a picture of it because it had a stop sign and a yield sign in the back of it! REAL SIGNS! It looked like they had cut them down and put them in the back of their van. Isn't this highly illegal?






Why is it that pine trees always have a big bald spot on the back of them? When we bought Christmas trees as a family, I thought it was because the tree had been laid down. This picture has proven me wrong. All the tree's around it were like this also. This tree was still alive and just a baby! Why is it already bald?? Can anyone tell me? I would really like to know.

4 comments:

kwistin said...

ah HA!!!!!!! YOU SEE THE LIGHT!!!!

I LOVE seeing things in different ways and them introducing them to people who might just pass them by as mundane.



...NOW do you see why I'm an art major? ;)

kwistin said...

Oh, and if you're short on cash, you could probably sell that stop/yield sign picture to University Police. They're desperate for real crime, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

Probably just as bad as spitting water off a bridge.........


;)

Jess said...

yes yes! I'm joining you! except you paint pictures and I make moving pictures. :)

kwistin said...

That really does make me so happy. Let's teach each other.