Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome to Anatomy!

I have decided to take a class during spring term this year. I am taking ANATOMY and I love Love LOVE this class! It is a lot of work, but it is very interesting. We are required to memorize six pages of terms every two days, but it is worth it! Some people may think I'm weird, but there is something about the human body that fascinates me. I spend anywhere from 2-4 hours a day in the lab studying and learning the names of bones, muscles, organs, ligaments, nerves, blood vessels, and much more on the cadavers. I got this picture off of the internet because we are not suppose to take pictures of the cadavers in our lab. I am also working full time, so I stay pretty busy. I'll be glad when it's over just to get my social life back, but I will miss having the opportunity to study on real cadavers in the lab.

7 comments:

kwistin said...

yes yes yes yes YES YES!!! i am SO glad you understand that love of learning about the body!

my next post will be about my artistic anatomy class, actually. you'll have to read it and tell me what you think. it's a bit different, obviously, but i love that kind of stuff. i'm glad you're excited for it.


ps. that picture is from Body Worlds. :) (i blogged about that, too)

Anonymous said...

Anatomy is interesting, but yes, it is a lot of work. I love looking at cadavers, it is really fun! When I die, I want to be a cadaver. LOL

The Bowes said...

wow, GO JESS!! I'm glad that you find something like that interesting....me I hate science, but GOOD FOR YOU! that's awesome. what is your major btw?

Nic and Angelika said...

me too jess!!! i love cadavers!!! i love having to memorized everything about the body! yay us!!! :) i am glad i am not alone!

Sam F. said...

Enjoy! That sounds like fun but lots of work.

Whitney said...

You never told me you had a blog! Now I can spy on you more!

Mike and Melissa said...

Anatomy is an awesome class! HOpe you did well in it. It tends to be on the tougher side.